Advanced Sea Survival
15 in stock
Sea Survival Nov 21Half day practical wet drills may be completed on their own to satisfy sea survival requirements for Skipper Restricted Limits and Skipper Coastal Offshore. ($250) – Please contact us if you would like to explore this option.
The full two day comprehensive theoretical and practical course is recognised by Yachting NZ & World Sailing and is required by crew competing in offshore (category 1) races.
Wet drill includes: Liferaft, lifejacket and swimming in clothes.
– History, Statistics and Legislation
– Accidents & Emergencies
– Safety & Emergency Planning
– Risk Assessment
– Man Overboard, Life Rafts and Equipment
– Distress Signals & Responsibilities
– Fire Precautions & Fire Fighting
– Medical Care Aboard
– Damage Control
– Weather & Forecasting
– Heavy Weather Techniques
– Storm Sails