Advanced Sea Survival – Auckland 11 – 12 November 23
November 11 @ 8:30 am - November 12 @ 5:00 pm$490.00
Course Info: Two day comprehensive theoretical and practical course for crew of power and sail boats heading offshore or competing in offshore (Category 1) races. This includes a practical session in a heated swimming pool to practice survival techniques including the use of a liferaft.
At least 30% of crew require Advanced Sea Survival for Cat 1, but all are encouraged.
Advanced Sea Survival
Recognised by Yachting NZ and Maritime NZ & internationally by World Sailing.
Certificate valid 5 years and can be renewed with a 1 day refresher course.
No prerequisites required, other than basic water confidence required for wet drills in the pool.
This is an enjoyable course for people of all levels of experience.
Price: Full course: $490
Admin fee of 10% applies to cancellations. Credit card surcharge may be charged by Stripe,
Discount coupon code must be entered at time of order for members of Island Cruising and SSANZ. It will not be applied retrospectively.
Limited availability, first in first served. Your payment confirms your enrolment.
This course covers the following training areas:
- History, statistics, and legislation
- Accidents and emergencies
- Safety and emergency planning
- Risk assessment
- Man overboard, life rafts and equipment
- Distress signals and responsibilities
- Practical wet drills with a liferaft in a heated swimming pool
- SAR systems and responsibilities
- Fire precautions and fire fighting
- Medical care aboard (this is not a first aid course)
- Damage control
- Weather and forecasting
- Heavy weather techniques
- Storm sails